Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In the Beginning...there was a DVD


One year ago today, I did something I had not done in years. I worked out. Not one to join a gym, I put in one of my Zumba DVD’s and danced away in my living room.


I was not overweight, but I did need to loose a few pounds (jeans were too tight) and most of all, I FELT terrible. My diet was horrible – processed, very little veggies/fruit. I was just out of shape and hating it.


After my first workout, I felt great. I am one of those type of people who loves to sweat when I work out. I don’t like to sweat at any other time, but when I work out – I love that feeling of sweating. Makes me feel like I am getting results.
I was dripping after Zumba.


I did that for a few days and then went onto other DVD’s – Pilates, Hip Hop Abs and back to Zumba. A good mix for me. 


That was March 23, 2010 – little did I know the journey that would await me.

The journey that transformed not only myself, but my family. We started eating healthy, going on walks together in the park - which lead us to my attempt to run a mile on May 5, 2010.


For those who think that working out is work – I can understand that thought, but it isn’t.


Living life isn’t work – it’s enjoying it. I enjoy feeling good, I enjoy waking up in the morning feel vibrant (despite the soreness from a workout), I enjoy being in control over my body and my health. That's the best type of control there is,right?


Work isn’t enjoyable – but living life is.


What are my personal health results in the past year?


• Lost 20 lbs – and strengthen my muscles
• Ran a Half Marathon and more to come!
• Became more aware of WHAT we put in our bodies and what REAL food is
• Met some incredible people through FB, Twitter and in my local area who are like-minded
• Enjoying life!


In my opinion, this isn’t a "journey" – this is life, in constant movement.


A life, I am glad I chose and continue to choose.  I am 49 yrs old and I am in the best shape of my life - physically, emotionally and spiritually. 

____________________
Live and Run Strong,


Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Half-Marathoner, Business Blogger, Public Speaker & Hosts IMPACT Radio Channel
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.