Saturday, February 5, 2011

Why do I bother with 5K's and 10k's ?

As Half Marathoner – I get asked this question A LOT

“why are you racing in 5K’s and 10k’s?”

My answer:  to gain race experiences.

Or as my Friend and Trainer says, “all races are Tune-ups for the big show”

Although I am beyond happy with my Vegas Half Time, I want to improve it.  With the many complications I suffered starting at mile 5 – as the saying goes, “I have unfinished business”. I entered that race for the pure fun of it and I trained months and months.  I had a blast – and so glad I did it.  

In 2011 - I am scheduled  to run 11 races– (3) 5K’s, (1) 10k and (7) Half’s. 

All leading me back to the Vegas Half in December.  

I will never win a race, nor even my age division, I fully recognize and accept that those winners have been running for years and I could never be at the caliber they are.  

That isn’t my goal

My goal is now to finish in my best possible shape, both physically and mentally.  Yes, I have my time goals – but they are only the end result of my goal to walk into that corral with enough confidence and strength to know I can finish it stronger than I did in 2010 (and of course, finish with a smile on my face!).   My time of 2:11:54 is always on my mind and my motivator.  

So – when you see me run a 5K or 10K this year – just know I am practicing and of course, enjoying the moments of being in another race and wearing that finisher bling!

Tomorrow - I write about a day that has taken 10 years to reach...the day, my life was saved.  It is truly Super Sunday to me.  


____________________
Live and Run Strong,



Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Half-Marathoner, Business Blogger, Public Speaker & Hosts IMPACT Radio Channel
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.