Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Rumors are True - I have a Head Cold

Let me put the rumors and implications to rest, I have not over worked my body in recent months.  



I had a head/chest cold for the past couple days, but it's very mild.  My entire family is sick.  I have not had a cold/flu in almost 3 years.  Prior to that, I would get sick at least 4-5 times a year and often turning into full bronchitis or a raging flu of 104 temp.   3 years.  

How many can say they have been cold or flu-free for 3 years?  

I have a cold.  Whoopee.  I have two young children.  Can we say “germ city” from school?
It’s been quite odd to me that immediately people are implying I have overworked my body, so my immune system is down.  

Really?  Is that what people think?

If anything – and really, not IF – working out/running has made me stronger.  Because I began my quest to eat better and become healthier a year ago – and two years prior to that, I began taking MaxGXL supplements to raise my glutathione levels (which keeps inflammation at bay) – my health is WAY up.

Because of my intense scrutiny of what I eat – I was in constant recovery mode during this past week.

Keep in mind – NOTHING you do will make a cold go away.  It must run it’s course.  However, you can arm your body and mind to offset the symptoms and keep from getting worse.

I paid very close attention to what I ate – giving my body the best possible change to recover from the cold and not end up with something worse.

I over indulged in Pasta’s and other complex carbohydrates.  It fuels the body.  The body aches – give it more energy

I ate LOTS of fruits and vegetables and juiced (not steroids!) quite a bit

I drank more water than I typically do

I drank Green and also Black Tea
I ate lots of lean meats

I kept my diet very clean...

Well – if you haven’t figured it out – my diet didn’t change

Being that I chose not to run or workout during these 5-7 days (except for my race on Saturday) – stretched out a lot.  I used the Foam Roller a lot.  I self-massaged my legs and shoulders a lot.
I was in recovery mode.  Not from a race – but from a cold.

I fully anticipate by the weekend, I will be hitting the pavement, again and resume my P90x workouts.

Afterall, I do have a Half Marathon in less than a month.  

A cold lasts 5-7 days – give your body the time and rest it needs.  You will be glad you did, I know I did.  


____________________
Live and Run Strong,


Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Half-Marathoner, Business Blogger, Public Speaker & Hosts IMPACT Radio Channel
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.