Friday, February 4, 2011

My Life "To Do" List

Do I have a life outside of Running/Working out?   Of course I do, but in case you don’t believe me…just for fun…here is a list of activities & duties that fill up my typical week

  • 1.        I am a mother of two school aged children.  One is in public school and the other is homeschooled due to his Autism
  • 2.       I am self-employed as a Social Media Strategist and Consultant for several years
  • 3.       Due to my husband’s work schedule – your weekend days are not the same in my household. 
  • 4.       We are involved with our church community
  • 5.       Boy Scouts for the boys
  • 6.       We have two dogs
  • 7.       Grocery Shopping
  • 8.       Birthday party shopping
  • 9.       Personal Errands
  • 10.   Household cleaning
  • 11.   Reading good books and magazines
  • 12.   Housework
  • 13.   Laundry
  • 14.   Experimenting and finding ways to make meals healthier
  • 15.   Decorative Painting
  • 16.   Decorating my house
  • 17.   Spending time with my friends
  • 18.   Watching our favorite TV shows, “How I Met Your Mother” , “Biggest Loser” and reruns of “Friends”
  • 19.   Going to the Las Vegas Strip to watch the Bellagio Fountains
  • 20.   Going out for frozen yogurt with my kids
  • 21.   Playing with our dogs
  • 22.   Kids homework
  • 23.   Sitting here typing articles for my blog
  • 24.   Haircuts
  • 25.   Manicures
  • 26.   Pedicures
  • 27.   Doing research for canning, preserving and food storage
  • 28.   Traveling to see loved ones in Salt Lake City
  • 29.   Paying bills
  • 30.   Listening to music
  • 31.   Puzzles
  • 32.   Board Games
  • 33.   Family Day
So, as you can see – my life is a juggling act – just like everyone else to find time to do my runs and workouts.  Sometimes they are VERY early in the AM or sometimes after dark.  Sometimes my runs are family events – where everyone goes and sometimes I am working out alone.


The point is – we all have lives and obligations.  Finding ways to workout can be daunting, but once you get into a groove – you can plan accordingly and work around it.  If all you can do is 15 minutes – then do 15 minutes.  You and your body will be glad you did!

____________________
Live and Run Strong,


Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Half-Marathoner, Business Blogger, Public Speaker & Hosts IMPACT Radio Channel
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.