Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Curvy and Often Long Road

Amazing how life takes a turn?

I often catch myself thinking where was I at this time last year.  Well...I can certainly tell you where I was not or shall I say not doing

It was not until March did I embark on working out again.  And then, as you know the story - a few months later I took up running.  Never did I think I would be where I am today with my health.  I endeavored to loose some weight (maybe 7-8 lbs) and get back into shape.

Almost 20 lbs lighter than I was and now running Half Marathons?  Seriously, no one could of thought of this stuff.

My values have changed.  How I shop, how I view "things".  I focus now on what value it brings to me in health and spirituality.  It's all about my health - inside and out.

It is now second-nature.  It's not hard, but the transition to that place was hard.  It took a completely different mindset and a decision "I don't do that anymore, so I won't".  A windy road that is never ending.

PHOTO CREDIT:  Nick Woodford  
My wardrobe now encompasses workout gear, not for how good it looks, but for functionality and use.  I always get a kick out of people who wore workout gear just to look like work out.  Sadly, I use to be one of them.  

We plan family activities around our Family Workout times

We make appointments with Massage Therapists

We don't go running to the Doctor's office every sniffle or sneeze (which happens rarely, btw)

It's a life, we enjoy because it brought us the quality of life that we all so desperately want.

Who wants to be sick?  It's our natural desire to be healthy, isn't it?

It can be achieved and be enjoyable.

Watch my blog for the next few months as I will be reviewing some products that will benefit a healthy lifestyle.  If you have a product that you wish me to review - please leave a comment with your contact information and I will be in touch.

Have a great weekend and remember, KEEP SMILING your Finish Line is within your reach!

____________________
Live and Run Strong,


Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Half-Marathoner, Business Blogger, Public Speaker & Hosts IMPACT Radio Channel
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. You have used someone else's image without credit or permission. Please credit the above image with a link to the original source or remove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nickw - I bought this image on iStock photo in 2011.

      I would be happy to give credit or remove, if you wish. I certainly do not want to impose on a copyright, even though I did purchase the photo.

      If you wish me to give credit, please provide me a link, I can do that promptly or remove. The choice is yours.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.